Improve your fraud knowledge and protect your information with these 10 Quick Tips:
- Review your account activity regularly.
- Change your passwords often.
- Check your credit report every year and report problems immediately.
- Only download apps to your smartphone from a trusted source.
- Always enter the website address in the browser yourself. Never use a link.
- If you’re unsure if a business is legitimate, never disclose personal information about your finances, credit cards, SIN or driver’s license.
- Secure your WiFi by updating your password and checking default settings.
- Create a strong 10 character password with a mix of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Always shred personal information such as statements, credit card bills, receipts, cheques, pre-approved credit applications and old income tax returns.
- Be wary of conducting financial transactions using a public WiFi hot spot.