UPDATES ON COVID-19: Your health and financial wellbeing is our top priority. Get the latest updates here.
Contact us by phone (604.740.2662) or (Live Chat) for all your banking related matters Monday to Friday 7:30am - 6:30pm and Saturdays 7:30am - 5:00pm (Please note we have minimized our In-Branch Service Hours)
Direct Services Agreement
Account Agreements Terms and Conditions
From time to time as new products, services and regulations are introduced, we update the terms and conditions of your Account Agreement.
These standard forms are issued by Central 1 Credit Union for the use of all BC Credit Unions. As such, some products and services referenced in these agreements are not offered by Sunshine Coast Credit Union at this time. An example of this is Personal Financial Management (PFM).
Current versions of our account agreements can be reviewed by clicking the links below; copies are also available at your branch.
MEMBER CARD® debit card Agreement
Personal Member Agreements
- Account Agreement – Personal Contract (Member and Account) (July 1, 2017 onward)
- Account Agreement – Personal Membership (prior to July 1, 2017)
- Account Agreement – Personal Trust
Business Member Agreements
Online Use - Terms and Conditions
All content of this site is the property of Sunshine Coast Credit Union unless otherwise noted. Any downloading of text or graphics for purposes other than personal use is prohibited unless first authorized in writing by Sunshine Coast Credit Union.
All features and rates quoted throughout this site are subject to change without notice and market fluctuations. The information supplied within this site is for our members' use only and does not constitute an offer or contract. It is advised to contact the branch nearest you for all final details including up to the minute features and rate information.
Although we strive for accuracy, timeliness and completeness, rates and information quoted are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time. In using the Sunshine Coast Credit Union Website you acknowledge that:
- the information which may be provided on the Sunshine Coast Credit Union Website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific financial, tax, accounting or legal advice;
- while Sunshine Coast Credit Union believes the information contained on the Website to be correct and attempts to keep the information current, Sunshine Coast Credit Union does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any such information and expressly disclaims any liability for errors or omissions in this information;
- any links to other websites are provided for convenience only and no endorsement of any third party products or services is expressed or implied by any information referred to or linked from or to the Sunshine Coast Credit Union Website;
- Sunshine Coast Credit Union does not represent or warrant that the services provided through the Sunshine Coast Credit Union Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components;
- Sunshine Coast Credit Union recommends that our Website visitors install, update and use an anti-virus program whenever the Sunshine Coast Credit Union Website is accessed. Sunshine Coast Credit Union also recommends that the Website visitor establish a data backup and recovery process to protect data from any loss or damage; and
- in no event will Sunshine Coast Credit Union or any of its affiliates be liable to the Website visitor or any third party for any loss or damage of any sort (including destruction or loss of data, software or hardware) whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, caused by or arising in connection with the use of this website.
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee
At Sunshine Coast Credit Union, depositors are 100% protected by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (CUDIC). The Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia is a statutory corporation that provides deposit insurance for members’ deposits with BC credit unions. The BC Financial Services Authority, a crown agency of the Government of British Columbia, is responsible for administering CUDIC and for regulating financial institutions operating in the Province. For more information visit: www.cudic.com
Which credit unions are covered by the guarantee? How do I apply?
Deposit insurance applies to all BC credit unions. It is not necessary to apply for deposit insurance.
What is guaranteed?
All money on deposit and money invested in non-equity shares with a BC credit union is 100% guaranteed, including foreign currencies and accrued interest, regardless of the length of the term to maturity.
What is NOT guaranteed?
Credit union equity shares and investments such as mutual funds or RRSP equity plans are not covered by deposit insurance.
Trademarks and Copyright
®ACCEL is a registered trademark owned by Fiserv Inc., licensed for use in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited Partnership.
®ACCULINK and ACCULINK Hand & Card Design are registered trade-marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
®CIRRUS is a registered trademark of Mastercard® International used under license.
The Contactless Indicator mark, consisting of four graduating arcs, is a trademark owned by and used with permission of EMV Co. LLC.
™DEPOSIT ANYWHERE is a trademark of Central 1 Credit Union. Sunshine Coast Credit Union is a licensed user.
®DING FREE & Design are registered trade-marks of Central1 Credit Union, used, used under license.
®HANDS & GLOBE Design is a registered trademark owned by the World Council of Credit Unions and is used under license.
®Interac, Interac Flash, Interac e-Transfer and the Interac logo are trade-marks of Interac Inc. Used under license.
®MEMBERDIRECT and ®MEMBERLINK are registered trademarks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association and are used under license.
®MEMBER CARD and MEMBER CARD & Design are registered certification marks owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
®THE EXCHANGE is a registered trade-mark of Fiserv Inc., licensed for use in Canada by FICANEX Services Limited Partnership.
®VirtualWealth is a trade name of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc. VirtualWealth is powered by Aviso Wealth, a national financial services company that oversees more than $55 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso includes Qtrade Investor, Canada’s top-ranked online brokerage, and NEI Investments, Canada’s leading manager of Responsible Investments. Aviso is owned by the provincial credit union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins
The Collabria Visa Card is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc., pursuant to a license from Visa. Visa is a trademark of Visa Int. and is used under license.
iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries. Apple Inc. is not a sponsor or participant of Mobile Banking for Sunshine Coast Credit Union.
Android™ and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Google Inc. is not a sponsor or participant of Mobile Banking for Sunshine Coast Credit Union.
Online brokerage services are offered through Qtrade Investor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc., Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
In-branch mutual funds are offered through Qtrade Asset Management Inc.
Mutual funds, other securities and securities related financial planning services are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc., Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Financial planning services are available only from Qtrade Advisor investment advisors who hold financial planning accreditation from applicable regulatory authorities. Insurance products are offered through SunCu Financial Services. Find out more about your Advisor: visit IIROC AdvisorReport.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured nor guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.